To Our Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last several years, and all of us are trying hard to resume our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your oral health. We are open for routine dental care, with careful consideration of the health and well-being of our patients and staff.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. New equipment and upgraded personal protective equipment (PPE), and physical barriers have been added throughout the office.
You will see the changes that we have put in place for COVID when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. In preparation for your upcoming appointment:
· If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please call to discuss/reschedule:
o Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
o Dry cough
o Runny nose
o Sore throat
o Sneezing, watery eyes, and/or sinus pressure that is unusual and not related to seasonal allergies
o Headaches, fatigue, or weakness
o New loss of taste or smell
· If you have been exposed to anyone in the last 14 days that has tested positive for COVID or you are waiting on test results, please call to discuss/reschedule.
· All patients must wear a mask until instructed to remove in the treatment room.
· We ask that ask that adult patients do not bring a friend or relative to their appointment.
· We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
· Your temperature will be taken, and you will be asked to rinse with a pre-procedural rinse.
· You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 203-775-5533, and leave a message if you have reached us after hours. Please do not email regarding appointments.
Thank you for your support and patience during this trying time. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Christine Waldron and team